IT Department troubleshoots technical difficulties

(Photo credit: Thalia Villanueva) Tesla Barnes troubleshoots a school laptop. Trouble with Wi-Fi is persistent. “Sometimes a restart will fix it” Jodi Jackson, an I.T. representative suggests.

As Taft Union High School advances in technology, the Information Technology (I.T.) department helps the high school overcome the technical difficulties.

The most commonly reported computer issue seems to be connecting to the Wi-Fi. Jodi Jackson, a Taft Union High School I.T. representative, recommends students to, “learn to troubleshoot, check your Wi-Fi connections and remember to turn off your laptops every now and again,” she also says, “Sometimes a restart will fix it. Sometimes forgetting a Wi-Fi and adding it back in will fix it, too”  

It is recommended that all students take good care of their devices because, according to Jackson, only “some, not all” technical difficulties can be fixed easily.

Although the school has collided into issues with technology, there have also been advancements made. For example, students no longer have to create an Aeries account of their own. “We did turn on the function where the MyCats account is automatically created when a student is added to the system,” Jackson says. With this feature, logging in to check MyCats can be as easy as clicking one button, literally.