The Gusher

Filed under Sports

Boys’ basketball season has arrived

All boys basketball teams started their season off on Nov. 27 against East. The freshman team sadly lost in a blowout game, while the JV lost a close game with a score of 52-49. On the other hand, varsity came out on top in another close match up with a score of  63-50. Later that Thursday, all teams participated in a tournament.

The freshman team ended their series of games with a record of 0-2. Both games were well fought but ended in defeat.

The JV team had a better outcome with their series of games ending with a record of 2-2. Their first game had them face off against North where they won 47-37. They then faced off Stockdale, where they again won 40-31. The following day, they lost both games against Liberty and West.

The varsity team also had a reasonable record during their Mira Monte tournament going 2-2. They lost their first game against Mira Monte with a close score of 69-64. The next day they beat Wasco with a score of 64-49. They then beat Golden Valley giving them a two-game win streak with the score being 54-49. They then finally lost a tough game against Shafter with a score of 55-38. Taft High Boys basketball are looking to improve and make a good run for a Valley Championship.

The Student News Site of Taft Union High School
Boys’ basketball season has arrived