Taft High welcomes new foreign exchange students

Albert had his picture taken in front of the TUHS campus. We asked how has his time at Taft High been and he said, “Taft High has been good so far.”

This school year, Taft High welcomed three new students to the country and Wildcat family. Albert Christensen, Jordi Arrufat Cárcoba, and Marko Ivanovic-Vujadin left their home countries to live and experience a whole year of their high school experience in America.

Albert is from Denmark, Europe. His goal is to speak English well. He participates in cross country, but would also like to try swim, baseball, and soccer. He said his first impressions were that Taft is big and hot. His favorite thing to do is to go to the gym.

Jordi is from Spain. His goals are to improve his English and make more friends. Arrufat Cárcoba felt, “nervous and excited because it is different, like a new world.” His favorite things to do are play basketball and write books. He said he misses his friends and the food. He’s looking forward to basketball season because in Spain they mainly focus on soccer. He thought basketball would be something different to try.

Marko is from Norway. His goals are to pass the year and have a good experience. His first impression was, “It is different from home.” He has played American football but isn’t able to this school year due to his shoulder. His favorite thing to do is be with his friends.

The foreign exchange students are excited to experience a different life in America.