Star Athletes Receive Recognitions

Gusher Staff
Sierra Pilgrim posed with her mother on Homecoming night.

Taft High student athletes are getting big recognitions. Two of our athletes who have been recognized are Sierra Pilgrim and Maino Maino. Senior Sierra Pilgrim has played golf all four years of high school. She has done an amazing job and has been a huge asset for our Taft High golf team. All of her hard work has finally paid off she has been putting in for the CIF Central Section Spring Athlete of the Year Award. This award is a $500 scholarship and for both private and public schools. Sierra was awarded the Honorable Mention award, which is a huge honor.

Maino Maino was also awarded the Honorable Mention award and has obtained the following achievements this past season: selected for SSL All-League Team (Offense & Defense 1st Team), Hometown Sports All Star Team, B-Varsity Live All Area Team and for the second time Cal-Hi All-State Offensive Lineman Second Team Small School Football.

Brennan Rodriguez
Maino Maino posed with his parents on Senior Night.

This is not only huge for Maino but for the football program and the town. Coach Falgout wrote an email to the Taft High staff about Maino’s achievements and commented, “As a coach at Taft Union High School I am extremely grateful and blessed to have been able to coach an outstanding student athlete like this young man, Maino Maino”.

If you see these two honorable athletes, please congratulate them on their outstanding accomplishments.The Gusher would like to recognize additional achievements throughout the rest of the year by different athletes. If you are receiving a big recognition, please let the

Gusher or someone know so we can congratulate you.