Taft High Cross Country has an impressive run at Wasco High

Wednesday, October 2nd, the Taft High Cross Country team attended the Wasco Invitational at Wasco High School in Wasco, California. The usual J.V. boys and girls would instead run as a Frosh/Soph team, running the 2.1 miles.

Senior, Antonio Guzman looking determined as he looks to finish his race at the Wasco Invitational on October 2, 2019. Photo by Bethaney Armstrong

The Taft High boys would have much success in this meet, with 3 of your very own Taft High athletes placing in the top 10 of 40 other competitors. These athletes include Senior Antonio Guzman with a time of 12:04.45, placing 2nd, Senior Gustavo Ruiz placing 6th with a time of 12:59.64, and Freshman Trenton Ashmore placing 7th with a time of 13:07.56.

Junior, Kimberly Rivera in the final stretch of the Wasco Invitational. Photo by Bethaney Armstrong

Despite the boys’ impressive run, the Frosh/Soph girls also had a very good run. Junior Kimberly Rivera placed 10th with a time of 17:35.95 and Freshman Asucena Santillan placing 11th with a time of 17:45.15. All placements were out of 29 other Frosh/Soph girls that included Taft High athletes Senior Hannah Walls, Juniors Daisy Plascencia, and Kimberly Rivera, and Freshmen Daisy Mora and Azucena Santillan.