Our restroom tribulation at Taft High

Recently, Taft High has been dealing with issues behind closed restroom doors.

Let the attention be brought to the restroom facilities! To be more specific, let’s direct it toward the boys’ restroom. Here’s the problem. I stepped into the restroom with idea of it to be clean and for me to use it for its purposes and then head out. Unfortunately, I walked in there recently to step in sticky toilet paper, which was tossed and trailed throughout the facility. Students, like myself, are irritated and alarmed because we don’t want to step in nearly dried urine and sweet tea and other adversities. Paper towels are thrown and left on the ground as if there’s no trash can and wet paper towel wads are thrown on stalls and mirrors. At the very least, you should aim and make paper towels go in the trash and flush after you use a toilet or urinal. Laziness, immaturity, and the carelessness of students is the cause of these problems.

Paper towels are thrown in men’s restroom. (Photo Credit: Christopher Green)

Refuse to ignore this matter. I myself was interested into what other people thought. Cole Warner, a senior here at Taft High expressed, “I rarely go into the bathrooms because they’re nasty. Soap dispensers get ripped off the walls, toilet paper is everywhere.” In response to why this happens, Warner added, “I think that younger students have this idea of what high school is supposed to be. They think it’s this lawless territory where they can do anything.” Andrew Robertson included, “It’s gross and I’ve been in there when there’s been kids vaping.” Besides the simple fact of carelessness, people like to utilize the restrooms to get away with acts that can lead them into suspension or even more so.   

In the Spanish building restroom, paper towels and trash are left on the ground during school periods. (Photo Credit: Christopher Green)

These pictures only show a small glimpse of past disturbances, but there’s just enough evidence to give you an idea. All these adversities need to stop. You are causing tribulation for the Taft High staff and their job is no excuse for you to make a mess. Respect this school and, at the very least, yourself. Understand, it’s a reflection. You’re in high school;  grow up and stop making it harder on others. It’s a privilege to use the restroom, wash your hands, dry them, and there are individuals who look over this and throw paper towel wads at the mirror and damage soap dispensers. Get in and get out. Also, puerile students use the restroom as a spot to have fights or to vape. You’re on blast and I’m not sorry. Egress yourself out of immature situations. If you see someone who’s not using the restroom, in a restroom, there’s a problem. Address it. Don’t let this go on any further.