The Gusher

Singing the Night Away

Back to Article
Back to Article

Singing the Night Away

Sawyer Maier singing a verse for

Sawyer Maier singing a verse for "My Shot."

Julia Sanchez

Julia Sanchez

Julia Sanchez

The last choir concert of the year was May 22nd in the TUHS auditorium with the theme “Give my Regards to Broadway.” Songs of the night were conducted by Amanda Locke and accompanied by Tricia Wise. The first song for the concert was Best of Broadway performed by both beginning and advanced choir, which included the students running down the aisle to reach the stage and start the song. Up next was advanced choir soloist, Alyssa Ramirez, who sang “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Miserables. Beginning choir once again took the stage in song and dance to perform “Happiness” from “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown,” “Seize the Day” from “Newsies,” and “You Can’t Stop the Beat” from “Hairspray.” Second soloist of the night was Kailee Gaylord who sang “Neverland” from “Finding Neverland.” A quartet consisting of Amanda Locke, Halie Wilkerson, Matthew Loucks, and Sawyer Maier performed “Gold” from “Once.” Continuing the show was advanced choir with their umbrellas in the performance of “Singing in the Rain.” Soloist Ayrieann Buchanan showed the crowd her vocals with “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Miserables. Advanced choir continued the performances with “Make Them Hear You” from Ragtime and “My Shot” from Hamilton. Senior Matthew Loucks was given the chance of a solo with the song “For Forever” from Dear Evan Hansen. Final song of the night was a number with combined choirs singing “Alway Look on the Bright Side of Life” from Spamalot.

Julia Sanchez
Left to right: Hannah Covington, Rachel Alldredge, Matthew Loucks, and Ayrieann Buchanan.

After the concert, awards were passed out in which seniors who have been part of the choir program for four years were recognized. These seniors include: Kelsey Lichtenberger, Ayrieann Buchanan, and Chloe Schwerdetfager. Other awards included: Breanne Stephens with “Best Stage Presence,” Korbin Hillan and Shayla Bienvenu with “Most Enthusiastic,” Kaleb Hillan awarded “Goofiest,” “Most Chill” to Alyssa Ramirez, Halie Wilkerson with the “Behind the Scenes” award, Kailee Gaylord and Kaden Hielscher with “Most Improved,” and “Director’s” award was given to Sawyer Maier. Senior Kelsey Lichtenberger was credited with a “National School Award,” which can be useful in applying to colleges and pursuing a music career. Choir students in turn recognized Locke and Tricia Wise, “We appreciate you a lot and want you to see that.” stated Kelsey Lichtenberger.

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Garden Club happenings

• Clubs and Curriculum

TUHS musicians and singers ready to bring in the holidays

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Taft High gives thanks

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Falling for music

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Good grades celebrated with ice cream

• Clubs and Curriculum

Fall Recognition Dinner and Turkey Shoot

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

TUHS Band presents an incredible performance

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Oil Tech Academy welcomes freshmen

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Back to School Night

• Singing the Night Away

Clubs and Curriculum

Students rush to join clubs

The Student News Site of Taft Union High School
Singing the Night Away