The Gusher

Seniors “Cross the Line” in Point Break

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors “Cross the Line” in Point Break

Seniors and few Juniors gathered to listen to Professional talk about Point Break/sharing his own personal stories and experiences.

Alyssa Reeves

Alyssa Reeves

Alyssa Reeves

The Human Element class hosted another Point Break session for the senior class with professionals from Campus Life. Tears, smiles, and laughs were shared throughout the day filled with fun games and small-group talking sessions.

The leaders started off Point Break with games that involved everybody in the gym. Some games that the students played were team tug-o-war competitions, sitting down volleyball, basketball, and other activities that encouraged the students to participate and open up with their peers.

Toward the end of Point Break, students played a game called “Cross the Line”. This game was probably the most difficult for some as classmates were watching them. They were asked questions and told to cross the line if their answer was a “yes” to that said question. Certain questions were perhaps intense for some kids but, throughout the time they were asked, the students gained more courage to cross over the line and face their peers. This activity was said by students MaKenna Kirby and Seth Taylor to “touch people’s hearts” and “open up everyone’s eyes that nobody is alone in situations when they feel like they are”. The “Cross The Line” activity was an eye-opener to all students as a way to briefly show what some classmates are going through without it being said.

After games and small group talks throughout the day, it was safe to say that senior session of Point Break was a success. Several students really opened up comfortably with their classmates and said that they would take the lessons with them as they left the gym.

• Seniors “Cross the Line” in Point Break

Clubs and Curriculum

Annual Christmas Tree Contest

Clubs and Curriculum

Garden Club happenings

• Clubs and Curriculum

TUHS musicians and singers ready to bring in the holidays

Clubs and Curriculum

Taft High gives thanks

Clubs and Curriculum

Taft FFA Chapter makes a Haunted Greenhouse

Clubs and Curriculum

Falling for music

Clubs and Curriculum

Good grades celebrated with ice cream

• Clubs and Curriculum

Fall Recognition Dinner and Turkey Shoot

Clubs and Curriculum

TUHS Band presents an incredible performance

Clubs and Curriculum

Oil Tech Academy welcomes freshmen

The Student News Site of Taft Union High School
Seniors “Cross the Line” in Point Break