Eight TUHS students chosen to perform in the Kern County Honor Band and Orchestra

Eight+students+selected+to+perform+in+the+Kern+County+Honor+Band+and+Orchestra.+Nathaniel+Morris+will+be+performing+in+the+Honor+Orchestra.+Dennis+Posey%2C+Richard+Posey%2C+Martin+Penaloza%2C+Luis+Moncada%2C+Taylor+Reed%2C+Rebecca+Cuevas%2C+and+Allyson+Houghton+will+be+performing+in+the+Honor+Band.+Music+intructor%2C+Amanda+Posey%2C+said+I+am+so+proud+of+these+musicians.+They+will+be+performing+at+the+Rabobank+Arena+on+January+29th.+

D'Angelo Armenta

Eight students selected to perform in the Kern County Honor Band and Orchestra. Nathaniel Morris will be performing in the Honor Orchestra. Dennis Posey, Richard Posey, Martin Penaloza, Luis Moncada, Taylor Reed, Rebecca Cuevas, and Allyson Houghton will be performing in the Honor Band. Music intructor, Amanda Posey, said “I am so proud of these musicians. They will be performing at the Rabobank Arena on January 29th.”

On December 10th, TUHS band took 11 students to East Bakersfield High School to show their musical talents. A large amount of young musicians from different schools also attended Kern County Honor Band tryouts. Out of our 11 musicians, 8 were chosen. For Honor Orchestra, Nathaniel Morris will be performing on the bassoon in first chair. For Honor Band, Dennis Posey will be performing on the alto sax in seventh chair. Three of our trumpet players were selected: Taylor Reed in sixth chair, Luis Moncada in seventh chair, and Martin Penaloza in eleventh chair. Richard Posey will be performing on the tuba in third chair. Lastly, Allyson Houghton in second chair and Rebecca Cuevas in fifth chair will be performing in the percussion section. Amanda Posey said, “I am super proud of these musicians. Thank you all for supporting the arts.” They will be performing at Rabobank Arena on January 29th.