Spreading kindness at Taft High

D'Angelo Armenta

Human Element is creating giant posters of kind words for each week of February. You can find the posters under the stairs in the quad.

For the month of February, Human Element promoted a kindness month. As we go through the month, there have many activities like appreciation station, kind word of the week, kindness tree, a sweet treat, a Valentine’s kiss, and the kindness assembly. In the quad at lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, they will be having an appreciation station. You are able to write appreciation letters to staff and students on campus. Every week there will be a giant poster, normally under the quad stairs, that will promote kindness to the staff and students. There are kindness trees displayed on the attendance doors and windows so when you have the chance definitely stop by and check it out.

Human Element gave out cupcakes to staff on February 13, 2019, as an appreciation for all they have done. “Yajaira the Cupid” gave out Hershey kisses to the staff and students on Valentine’s day. On February 20, 2019, there will be a kindness assembly after 4th period in the auditorium. For the assembly, we will be on the morning bell schedule. Don’t forget to check out the quad for the appreciation station on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays as well as the kind word of the week posters.