Road to graduation filled with activities and deadlines

Get ready, seniors! Graduation is just around the corner and many seniors are ready. Some have applied to many colleges and even been accepted to a few different ones. Cristal Guzman is an AVID senior who applied to Cal State San Bernardino. Her dream school was Pratt Institute, but she had found out it was too pricey. She also saw how it was far away from home and wanted something closer. Damaryz Hernandez Gil is yet another AVID student who has been on top of her game. She wants to go to CSU Monterey Bay, but is still waiting to hear from them. She didn’t really have a dream school until now. 

Whether students plan to attend college or just want to enjoy the last few months at Taft Union High School, the following dates are important and will ensure you are prepared:

Feb 15 Local Scholarship Packet is due to Guidance by 3:30pm.  NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

March 22 Deadline to purchase Grad Nite Disneyland Tickets.You can buy your ticket in the student store for $150.00. We accept cash, check and credit card. NO REFUNDS!

April 8 Honors Night will be at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. You will need your gown for Honors Night. Dressy dance attire. No blue jeans.

April 10 Tough Guy Volleyball – 7:00pm

April 11 Mock Rock for community (Evening)

April 12 Mock Rock for TUHS

April 13-23   Spring Break

April 26 Luau   9:00-12:00 p.m

May 10th All student fees and fines need to be paid in full by May 10th. Failure to pay the fines/fees could result in loss of senior activity privileges including participating in Graduation.

May 17th Senior Class meeting during 4th period in the Auditorium. This meeting will discuss graduation activities and requirements. This meeting is mandatory for all seniors.  Baccalaureate practice info.

May 18th Prom

May 27th No School – Memorial Day

May 30th

• The last day for seniors to take finals.
  • Oh The Places You’ll Go Rally (Rally Schedule)

May 31st GRAD NITE- DISNEYLAND (leave @ 7:00am return 6/1 @ 5:00am)

June 3rd

• Senior Pool Party & BBQ 10:00am -12:30pm.  
  • The Senior Sunset will be that evening at 7:30 pm at the football stadium. Drinks and snacks will be served.

June 4th

• 9:00am – 11:00am Senior Breakfast  – Awards, yearbooks, graduation information, motivational speaker.

June 5th

Graduation Practice and Graduation

• Graduation Practice (Mandatory) is at 8:00 am on the football field

Graduation is Wednesday, June 5th. @ 8:00 pm             

More information regarding graduation day was provided during your senior class meeting.