Jonah Armstrong

Mrs. Phillips smiles in front of her classroom door.

Math department departure

Jennifer Phillips will no longer be at Taft High after this year. She started at Taft High last August and teaches Modified Algebra and Math. Ms. Phillips also collaboratively teaches with Mr. Cahoon.

On the topic of what she will miss most about Taft High, Phillips said, “The students are really great and the staff is really great.” The person that has had the most impact on Phillips has been her instructional aid. She said, “I have a really great instructional aid, Dianna Cota. She has taught me a lot about patience and teaching.” Phillips is sad to have to leave. She stated, “I will miss the people quite a lot.” Phillips has heard many great jokes and stories while working here at Taft High.

Phillips will be teaching at West High School in Bakersfield after this year. She will be teaching general education math. She said her students have helped her, “…be more, patient, kind, understanding, and they’ve made me laugh quite a lot.” Ms. Phillips’s opinion on the current state of Taft High is, “Good. Making changes to help the budget are things they have to do.”

Ms. Phillips’s leaving will sadden her students who know her as a kind and patient teacher. She has helped many students who needed help in math.

The Gusher • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in