The Gusher

TUHS Band presents an incredible performance

Tanner Ashmore as Mr. Incredible waving at adoring fans. If students or staff would like to see the band’s display, some upcoming events are as listed: November 10th Stockdale competition and
Christmas parade on December 11th. Onlooker, Thalia Villanueva says,

Tanner Ashmore as Mr. Incredible waving at adoring fans. If students or staff would like to see the band’s display, some upcoming events are as listed: November 10th Stockdale competition and Christmas parade on December 11th. Onlooker, Thalia Villanueva says, "The show is humorous, action-filled, and energetic."

Alo Maino

Alo Maino

For years, the Taft Union High School (TUHS) band has put on a show for eager sports fans to enjoy during halftime. The talented students of TUHS strive for the best they can possibly do.

This year, TUHS musicians have decided to reenact the Disney classic The Incredibles. In their halftime show, the Incredibles family enjoys a picnic with a backdrop of a park behind them. While the family spends quality time together, the infamous Syndrome manages to kidnap the youngest of the family, Jack-Jack. When the family realizes their youngest child is missing, the family is quick to take action, chasing Syndrome around the field. When they catch up, the family bands together to defeat both Syndrome and Syndrome ’s brutal robot known as the omnidroid. After their epic battle, the Incredibles family is reunited.

Alo Maino
The Incredible family, Tanner Ashmore (Mr. Incredible), Reanna Rowland (Dash), Ashly Ramirez (violet), Diana Huizar (Mrs. Incredible) doing their super hero pose. They’re getting ready to take on Syndrome and his omnidroid in a vicious fight. Band director Amanda Posey says “The Incredibles Show was a big hit and they represented Taft very well.”

This incredible display could not have been so well executed without the talent of the TUHS student band. The Incredibles family was played by Tanner Ashmore(tenor drum) as Mr. Incredible, Ashly Ramirez (trumpet) as Violet, Reanna Rowland (flute) as Dash, Diana Huizar and Daniela Heraldez Sotelo (both clarinets) as Mrs. Incredible, Eulysses Urrea (mellophone) as omnidroid, and Presley Golling (bari sax) as Syndrome. Raygan Wescott (clarinet) painted the stage-setting backdrops with help from Chloe McAfee (piccolo).  Dennis Posey (alto sax) is Drum Major and Nathaniel Morris (trombone) is assistant Drum Major. The solos were demonstrated by Dawson Lopez (mellophone), Luis Moncada (trumpet), and Dennis Posey (saxophone).

At the Ridgeview competition, the band and colorguard placed first in music and second overall. Taft was well represented and accomplished an incredible feat. Last Saturday, the band went to Fresno State to compete against seven bands in their division and see the Fresno State band perform. It was an amazing experience for the band. The band will have their very last performance in Stockdale on Nov. 10.

If students or staff would like to see the band’s performance, some upcoming events are as listed:  

• Nov. 3 Fresno State University
  • Nov. 10 Stockdale competition
  • Dec. 11 Christmas Parade

• TUHS Band presents an incredible performance

Clubs and Curriculum

Falling for music

• Clubs and Curriculum

Fall Recognition Dinner and Turkey Shoot

Clubs and Curriculum

Oil Tech Academy welcomes freshmen

Clubs and Curriculum

Back to School Night

Clubs and Curriculum

Students rush to join clubs

Clubs and Curriculum

Wildcats welcomed to the new year

Clubs and Curriculum

FFA gets ready for the Kern County Fair

Clubs and Curriculum

Chavira cooks up a culinary club

Clubs and Curriculum

Drumline Scorches the Competition

Clubs and Curriculum

Singing the Night Away

The Student News Site of Taft Union High School